It may be a patent Bollywood trait to announce the release date of a film even before a day's shooting. However, Kannada superstar Yash is in no hurry to announce the release date for the sequel to the Kannada blockbuster KGF, which became a big success in its dubbed Hindi avatar.
According to sources, he intends to wait until the sequel's completion before looking for the right release date. "The KGF sequel is 70 percent complete. Yash and his producer Vijay Kirgandur and director Prashanth Neel will wait for the rest of the 30 percent to be completed before announcing a release date," a source says.
Sources also say that KGF 2 will release during the summer season when all the schools are closed. "Yash wants to ensure his younger fans have access to KGF 2. Let's not forget, his fan-base is in the preteen age bracket. The violence will, therefore, be toned down, although the theme is dark and sinister," says the source.