Gilgit, July 31: A protest took place recently.
People in Gilgit-Baltistan yesterday have protested.
They have led a march in streets and demanded that China must withdraw their multi-billion dollar in China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) which is being built in the region. Experts say people have protested because
* They fear it would create a huge ecological imbalance.
* Many people have lost their properties because their houses have been demolished and farm lands were acquired for the project.
* The government has not compensated them for the acquittal of properties.
* No Special Economic Zone has been set up to support the local residents.
* The demography of the region will be changed.
* The glaciers would melt and many wildlife animals would become extinct.
Finally, they hope that Government reconsiders their decision to allow China to build such project.